Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Canyon for two straight afternoon trips. Last night got on the water right before dark (30 min of daylight)--last night fished with the Drop Shot Master (aka H-Bob). WORD.

There are balls of shad EVERYWHERE on the main lake right now. Both trips the lake was like glass, and you could see the schools of shad all over the place--often schoolies busting them. Hopefully this is a sign, that Canyon is going to have a healthy population of shad for a change.

Both trips had success on mail lake points and flats. Pretty much any bank with chunk rocks--boulders you are good to go. Too calm for a moving bait early, so I caight my fish on football jigs and a dropshot, all in less than 10 ft of water.

Right before dark the topwater bite has pretty fair right at dark ( I am guessing it will be the same at first light). Lots of smallmouth up shallow chasing shad. Caught 6 last night on topwater, and I think all but one were smallmouth. Had about a 3-4 lb smallmouth on Tues night, came off right at the boat. I let the lure float up as I was cussing out loud--and another 3 lb smallmouth came up and smoked it. Have caught approx 12-13 smallmouth in the last two trips--dark bronze--good looking fish

Pretty fun out there right now, wish I could get a full day in, as I think I could catch some good quality fish, and decent numbers as well.

Good fishing...

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Sweet, sounds like a great time. Thanks for the report!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.