Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put in at launch #5 (southwestside of lake) about 7:45 AM took a left fished some submerged trees pick up a couple small LM's on silver Crank;s. Shot across to east side of lake around Potter's creek and hit some rocky ledges using wacky's, pickup 4-5 LM dinks. Headed back to launch and hit a small cove directly across from launch around 11:00 AM and picked up 3 more using 5in Senko's wacky rigged, largest was 2.7lbs, off water by noon.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Nice. Thanks for the report.

I was out there on Sat morning also, launched at Jacobs #17. I had a decent topwater bite early, caught 6 with only one being a keeper.

Hit a couple mainlake points when the sun came out with a football jig and caught five more. Fishing seems to be getting a little better. Water temps were 80-81 when I left. They get down around 70-74, the smallmouth bite will be on!

What kind of boat were you in? Also, which ramp is #5??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was in a Blue/White Dynatrac. Ramp #5 is by Comal park.

Thanks for your report. This was my first fish on Canyon so didn't really know where to go. Any tips you feel like revealing would be greatly appreciated, as I will be going back at the end of Oct.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.