Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped the yak in and worked my way counter-clockwise around the lake. Since schools of bass always swim clockwise around a body of water in the fall, I figured I’d intercept them at some point. I caught one on senko pretty quick, which was kinda bad, cuz now I’d have to wait until they circled all the way back around.

The lake is up just a little from the recent rain. The water is quite stained but not muddy. The wind was ENE with some potent gusts. I’d checked the Fake Radar before I sailed. Not many clouds when I dropped in. After an hour, cumulus clouds built and the sky got dark. I kept an ear out for thunder and kept fishing. A few raindrops hit me as I dropped anchor on a flat. I cast up to a stump and the TR Rattlesnake got struck. I CPR’d the fish and cast back out. The worm got nibbled a few times but no more hookups. Off at 7pm.
Water Smile Fisherman Fish Tree

·
Super Moderator
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a story as to why I have a large cache of Grande Bass, but I’ll save that for later. I thought I’d take this opportunity to share with you another tip.

The tip is: Throw baits you have confidence in.

There are a lot a great reasons to throw Grande Bass. Grande Bass is a local business. The plastic smells nice. The colors are great. The rings move a lot of water. They’re easy to rig. So on, so on. None of those reasons are why I throw Rattlesnakes.

I throw Rattlesnakes because I’m confident I can catch bass with them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thats great! I was looking and can only find them for $5 a pop... a little out of my price range for a rubber worm. Though I did have my first luck with a $10 topwater bait today :) I tend to lose the rubber ones more however.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts