Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the daylight saving, I had enough light to make the commute worthwhile. Waded out and started working a hundred-yard stretch of shoreline with a jerkbait. Nothing, so I came back the other way with a squarebill. Nothing but one short fish, so I about-faced and threw TR magnum finesse back down the shore. A two pounder tagged it but jumped off. Blistering Barnacles!

The sun was behind the shoreline trees and setting fast. I saw a yakker getting dragged around by a good'un along the opposite shore. Can we save a couple more minutes so I can get a good'un?

I pulled off the watermelon/red flake magnum finesse and threaded on a green pumpkin magic Zoom Baby Brushhog. I'd brought a casting rig with a high gear reel. I was doing my best to inch the BBH along when I got a barely perceptible tap. Reeled down and Boom! goes the Dynamite! No jumping off this time. Don't worry, no fillets either. I released the good'un and walked up to my car.
IMG_20170313_192353430.jpg

·
Registered
71 Posts
Always enjoy your write ups, thanks for sharing.

I wasn't having any luck along Granger trails with the fairy wand today at all....guess I should have brought something with a little more backbone.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Got to C&F today around 7:30 AM after picking up some terminal tackle from Wally World, tied on a lipless crank and started working the shallows. Got bit after 10 or so cast and pulled this perdy lady out, 20170315_075643_Burst01.jpg No more bites on the Ratl Trap so switched to a square bill along the dam, nothing. Bite had slowed so I tied on a shaky head and finessed a dink out.

There was also a gentlemen out there frogging, didn't appear to be getting bit though. Not a bad start to the day all in all.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I think he was throwing a field mouse from live target, which he later lost in a tree at brushy...you can see it dangling on that point far right of the dock, lol...so he finally got a two pounder at brushy when he threw the clearest whopper plopper he had, whereby he went to that new dicks and got two more mice and two more whoppers and a frog! Not really a topwater bite where you were, but brushy seems to have activity, so the gentleman went there, and the bait was being pushed against the shore... :)

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice fish, B.A.! Was that with your spinning gear or something stouter?

Dang Bill, you should try to lose those fancy lures at a lake that I fish , lol! Good on you for the two pounder! Ironically, you're the one that posted about clear Tiny Torpedo's a couple years ago and I ran out and bought a couple.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Im experimenting with different stuff, but when it's gittin down time, yo zuri is prime! Cant wait to get on a/my boat so I dont have to worry about losing lures...

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last weekend looked kinda like I might get one on top at Pf, but I never threw topwater. I'll probably start with a buzzbait here in the next couple weeks. But when its on, I'll only be throwing the Super Spook, Jr.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks Jeremy, that was indeed on my spinning gear. I feel more accomplished when I pull in 1-2 pounders on that than the stouter gear. ;) Plus I'm waiting on new gear from bass pro...

Glad to hear you got bit at brushy later on bill, I'm Brett btw guys.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Brett, it's nice to meet you...I actually ran into an ABFer at a gas station...will...asked about his yak, then asked if he was on abf.... brett, did you notice how nice I was not to jump in front of you? But chose to follow? In return, could you retrieve that mouse for me at brushy, lol....I'm too old to climb that tree! Heck, too old to walk downstairs at 5am!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Your courtesy was much appreciated, and the favor shall be repaid. However, I have an unhealthy hatred of mice. They have made my attic their residence on more than one occasion, and they don't even pay rent! So I'm afraid your friend who got sent to the gallows, shall remain there.

Nice to meet you as well.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Was still dangling today, with two additional sacrifices offered by others! I also stuck a whopper in a bush, which took about ten min to retrieve! Later hit gtown and left a rapala topwater on a stickup, lol....those frigging mice! So annoying....

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I have an unhealthy hatred of mice. They have made my attic their residence on more than one occasion, and they don't even pay rent! ...
A couple years back, I opened my little plastic lawnmower shed and at least two dozen mice glanced my way. I thought to myself, they're acting like I'm the stranger here. I pulled the mower out and I kinda had them cornered. The little bastards came at me in pairs, dividing my attention. I had a split second to choose the slower mouse and stomp left or stomp right. I had steel toed work-boots on. I was way less than perfect, but I managed to kill at least one out of every other pair that came at me.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Was still dangling today, with two additional sacrifices offered by others! I also stuck a whopper in a bush, which took about ten min to retrieve! Later hit gtown and left a rapala topwater on a stickup, lol....those frigging mice! So annoying....
I'll admit that I lose a Texas Rig to the bushes at the C&R Pond about once a week. But I've found so much more!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts