Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fishing Sunday evenings is the best. I looked at the (fake) radar around 6 pm and a storm was bearing down. I figured it could intensify and roll over the C&F or it could weaken and skirt to the north. I drove towards the dark clouds and I arrived as the last raindrops fell.

The storm weakened and went northeast. I had the lake to myself. On my third cast I got this good'un on a TR Zoom watermelon/red UV Speed worm.
IMG_20170604_184113242.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi folks, I'm kinda tired of getting skunked more often than not at Lake Pflugerville, and this "C&F" pond sounds productive. Can someone send me a PM so I can find this place, plus any logistical tips on parking, access, etc? tThanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice catch! New to the forum and fishing in Austin, but it seems like you're the fishing God on here hahah. I would love to get the location of C&F, if you're willing of course! It feels like the only thing I've been able to catch is a tan haha. I've been going to Lake Pflugerville, Brushy Creek, and sometimes Lake Travis, but haven't had much luck. Any tips or better spots to bank fish would be awesome. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum, David. Thank you for the divine compliment. Yes, my fishing ability approaches the immortal, LOL. I got out this morning on Pfork and wacked 'em really good. I got a dozen or so, a mixed bag of dinks and good'uns. I got this nice four pounder on a texas-rigged Zoom ribbontail worm.

PM sent.

IMG_20170715_073057154.jpg

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got out on Pfork again this morning. The sunrise was spectacular. I got some fish on topwater and then some more on TR. Oddly, I got zilch on senko. I left early to get the first table at Chuy's for lunch.

This evening, I raced a thunderstorm to the C&F. I tucked my Gage rain-jacket in my waders, but the storm fizzled as I waded in. I got some fish on TR and then switched to the rippin rap. I got good'un a ways out. I battled him halfway in before he jumped off, doh! I kept throwing the rap and I got what I thought was a strike immediately followed by "headshake". Felt like a good'un.

It turns out I had fouled hooked a gi-normous shad. Still a great way to start the week!

IMG_20170716_064226872_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170716_195318064.jpg
IMG_20170716_064332708.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts