Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to la thos afternoon since its my birthday and i wanted to get a couple bass.. sure enough a game warden pulls us over on our trolling powered john boat and gives us tickets for no life jackets and kicks us off the lake before i could even throw 10 casts!! :mad: :'( :'( :'(
you would think he would at least cut me a break on the ticket, i know its the law but c'mon

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
You went on the lake and had no life jackets and expected them not to give you a ticket just because it was your birthday?

Uh.. okay.. heh

Happy Birthday either way.. sorry ya got a ticket, but ya play with the bulls...

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
LOL, sorry. Ive never heard of TWPD giving anyone a break. I was at the bridge on LA one day, a guy puts his boat in the water, does one circle and parks it on the sand next to the ramp. TPWD pulls up, gives him a ticket for old lifejackets, no horn, 2 yr old expired tags, and something else I cant remember.

Poor guy hasn't even got the rest of the family on the boat and he's recieved 4 tickets. Lesson learned, make sure you %100 legal before hitting the water. :)

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
I recall one time I was fishing Ray Roberts on a weekday in the middle of winter. I was literaly the only boat on the water, or at least from the most commonly used ramp, both at launch and at load time. I'd been having a GREAT day, catching many quality lmb in the morning, then switching to whites in the afternoon, and catching continously. My freezer was full, so I kept no fish. Up comes the GW, and fines me because my life vests have illegible print on them: too old reckon. Alright, fine. I pay the fine. Then a month later I go out, and I see the same GW at the ramp and he asks me to borrow my boat to go rescue a guy that has capsized across the way (don't know why he didn't bring his own boat). Of course, I help out, and we rescue the guy, a dude with one leg, who was going out in big waves, 25 mph wind from the north (cold front) in a 10 ft john boat. Well, his boat was a gonner, and he was lucky to make it to shore, and luckier that I showed up crazy enough to fish in such weather before he died of hypothermia. Needless to say, I was dissappointed that the GW didn't recognize me as the guy he ticketed the previous month. He was thankful for me helping out though. And we did the right thing and saved the dude.

But keep in mind, these guys (GWs) have brutal jobs. Many of them spend a lot of their days doing drug busts and other dangerous crime enforcement. Some get killed in the line of duty. We owe them a lot of respect. I'm sorry that you got ticketed on your birthday. Bottom line is, they're doing their job and trying to save lives in the process. Try to thank your GW for the job he does next time he stops you. They do appreciate it when we acknowledge their work. Sometimes they'll tell you where the fish are too. ;)
Good luck.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Please be advised: Not ALL one legged people are that stupid!!!!

He in no way, shape, or form, represents the competence or intelligence of the rest of us.

SIC
President - OLPASOLPS
(One Legged People Against Stupid One Legged People Society)

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
That is funny!  I did not mean to imply that the dude was stupid, just marginally crazier than I!  What I failed to dislcose was that I was fishing in a 14 ft jon boat that day.  The GW looked at me and said, "You going out in that boat in this water?"  And I said, "Yes sir."  And he said, "Well, help me get this stranded guy over there first."

So I was just marginally less boneheaded than the dude with one leg!
:D

I did manage to catch a few nice LMB on white SB in heavy brush that day on the north shoreline out of the wind, thereby reinforcing my already strong boneheadedness...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.