Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
carp continue to ruin bass fishing at brushy, dang 'em...had just one tick on a topwater...
so i split and went to jones bros park, where fish were breaking the surface out of my reach, as i waded out til my shorts got wet...i'm gonna hit gtown tomorrow early at russell park, if i can sneak in, lol...
for those of you who are topwater aficianados, i have tried 'em all and throw tops 99% of the time... if i could only have one model it would be the IMA skimmer! IMA makes it in 2 sizes, and you want both. one is big and casts incredibly far at 9/16oz. the smaller one is just as amazing at 3/8. these will walk the dog in any conditions, when others struggle. i have a bunch in clear finish, but the bigger doesnt come in clear, so i remove the colors by scraping with scissors, then add a coat of clear nail polish, and it looks like new! been throwing the bigger one for the most part, and all sizes of fish grab it, so that allows me to cast way the heck out there from the shoreline. when the schooling goes crazy at bastrop i throw the smaller one (4in.) cuz the schoolies are looking for a smaller profile. and i add vmc sureset hooks front and back on the larger skimmer, and a sureset to the rear of the smaller one...really increases hookups, as the surest will grab 'em on the side when they slap the lure, which they are prone to do half the time. sure, there are several other models out there, and i have plenty of 'em, but the skimmer really has won me over in a very tight race for #1.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts