Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed up to Brownwood Friday to visit family for the long Holiday weekend. My brother in law and I couldn't resist the urge to hit up our favorite fishing hole in his 2 man Pelican fishing boat on Saturday afternoon.
Fished from 2 - 6pm. Weather was nice in upper 60s, mostly sunny, south wind blowing 10-15. Only one other boat on the water when we got there. Said they weren't having any luck fishing spinnerbaits.
We ended up catching 12 bass. My biggest was a long and lean 6lb and my bro in law caught one pushing 3lbs. The rest were nice healthy bass from 12 - 16". All my fish were caught on T-Rig worms (GBRS trophy hunter and 7" Berkley Pwr Wrm 'Redbug'). Brother in law caught his on T-Rig (Zoom purple w/white tail) and slow rolling a white spinner bait.
Was good times for sure. Felt good to hang a nice fish...it's been a while. I will add the pics once he emails them to me.  ;)

D

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the pictures of the better fish we caught. Hoping to get out again this weekend.

D

My brother in law with a nice spinnerbait fish.

My biggest of the day.

Same Fish...would like to see what it looks like in the spring.

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
7F5C56584F3D0 said:
What fishing hole did you say that was? It's not Lake Brownwood.
Nope, not Lake Brownwood. I'm not sure if this place even has a name. My brother just calls it 'the reservoir'. It's your average size conservation lake. He's been fishing there since he was 5. It's a nice spot though. We've caught a lot of bass there and some crappie too.

D

· Registered
2,297 Posts
Nice fish Don.  I love fishing those conservation lakes -  had some of my best days on those old mud ponds.

· Registered
23 Posts
Nice fish!
I bet i know that reservoir.  It looks like the one behind Days hill and what used to be the "Happy Church".  
There used to be some huge fish in that lake and looks like there still are.  We are heading to Brownwood tomorrow, might just have to take my pelican....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.