Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yaks on the water at 5:21. Took my SIL out to hit the docks and drop offs along Briarcliff Marina yesterday morning. Rods were tied up with pegged 5" Zoom Super Flukes - Disco Violet. I did have one rod rigged for top water (thanks Bill for getting me thinking about top water again). We went straight out to the mouth of the cove and began working our way back in, throwing the fluke up to the docks and dead sticking it. The party was on at the first dock. The bite was pretty soft as they were catching it on the way down so you had to watch your line to see it moving then set the hook. Working back to the marina we boated 16 and lost around that many. We turned and began working our way up the cove casting against the rock wall and, while the bite was slower we still caught fish. By the time we reached the back of the cove we had boated 28 LMB and one lost channel cat. We went through 3 packs of Disco Violet flukes and then had to change to Bluegill. Never did get around to toss any top water. Largest bass was around 4 lbs but most were in the 1 1/2 to 2 lbs range. As the sun topped out over the cove the bite began to slow down and we were loading the yaks at 9:50. I think we are going to try and hit the main lake docks this weekend, Keep your lines tight and have a blessed day. Be safe.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know Bill, tossing a fluke and deadsticking puts very little pressure on that shoulder. Just sayin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts