Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have an opportunity to pick up some US made flipping sticks for cheap. The company that builds my blanks builds rods for other OEMs and has a few left over rods from a large order and the company isn't selling rods any longer. They have about 50 left and I'm selling them for $60. The original retail on these rods was $160 and $60 is still significantly below wholesale. The rods are made in the US with IM10 blanks, chrome Ti colored Pac Bay alconite guides, Forecast exposed blank seat and either full or split grip. The specs are as follow;
7'6" Flipping Stick, Heavy Fast, 15-30 and 5/8 - 1 1/4 oz.

I plan on getting these in mid February and wanted to see if anyone is interested. If you are, pm me or post on here if you'd like a full or split grip. I'll get as many as people want, but if for some reason you don't want it or don't like it, you don't have to buy it. At this price I wont have any trouble selling it to somebody else.

I've got a sample that they sent me and I've loaned it out to Herzog to fish and post his opinion. He'll be fishing the yak tournament in a few weeks and you can check it out there if you'd like. I'll let him post, but I'm pretty sure he likes it. He told me to get him 3. Also, here are some pics they sent me to show the handles. If you want pics of anything else, I'll see if I can get Herzog to post them.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I would like to get one with a full grip.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Looks like a pretty good deal. Any chance those rods would also come with a warranty?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, no warranty, but for the price you could buy a back up.  I know the breakage rate for the entire line of these rods was under 2% and I'd bet these are less than that.  

I should point out that the branding on these rods has been covered. The only details on the rods are the specs.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Added you to the list.

For those of you looking for a cheap swimbait rod, this is the same blank they use for 1-3 oz. swimbaits.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Put me down for TWO, bud

Both Split Grip Please

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I have the split grip at the house. I'll take some more pics and post them up tonight. It's a pretty slick rod for $60. If I had the extra $$ lying around I'd pick up 5 or 6 just to have.

I'll be fishing it this weekend and will post a review once I have a chance to give it a once over.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
414C5B53464E090 said:
Got tied up with the kiddos last night.  I'll get some more pics up as soon as I can.
Give us some prelim findings/thoughts on those things, too, such as how well they seem to balance, feel in your hand, etx... what the tip action's like, willya...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Added you to the list Blue Skeeter.

I plan on getting these in mid February. I'm waiting to get as many sold as possible to minimize the shipping cost to get these to you guys as cheap as possible.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I put a reel on the split grip last night and went and pitched it around in the back yard. This is a nice rod. It feels good in the hand, seems to balance well and had no problems putting my bait on target. Seems pretty sensitive too. I was pitching a patch of St Augustine and ran across a small tree limb and had no issues feeling it. It has plenty of backbone but still has some tip to it. In a nutshell, this is a mans rod, for pulling out big hairy toad bass from heavy cover. Once I get it out on the water I'll post up more

1 - 20 of 66 Posts