Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to start out by saying I am mechanically inclined, but don't really know much of anything about boats or carbs. I do however know a lot about fuel injection and vehicles (have done several engine swaps on classic cars). That being said, I honestly don't have the time to work on anything right now.

Now that I have that out of the way, I am the proud new owner of the ski boat that I am using for some fishing as well. It is a 97 Tige with a 350 (not original, I believe a truck motor converted to marine application). Last year when I purchased it in Nov, it did run. A few weeks after we were suppose to get a freeze, so I rushed to RT Marine to get it winterized. After dropping it off, they called me and told me they had issues even getting it to start (I thought that was odd since I started it the week before). Now that it is almost time to get it into the water, I was trying to bring it back to life, but didn't have much luck.

The previous owner told me it had been a while since he had taken it out so he recommended having someone go through it. I assume that means rebuilding the carb. I am assuming that rebuilding the carb, getting some fresh fuel, and some minor maintenance will bring it back to life. Its a 350, so it should be rock solid.

I am on here to find someone I can trust that isn't going to just suck me dry.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Pete

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
winterize it yourself next time. It takes about 15 minutes to winterize a ski boat. Drain the water from the block and manifolds and you are done. I skip the fuel stabilizer part and have not had an issue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts