Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Group,

I h ave a bass boat with 4 batteries and an onboard charger but have run into a predicament. I am looking to buy a house with no access to store my boat. I currently live in a rental house but keep it in an open storage yard without electric hook ups. I bring my boat to my current rental house and charge overnight but I dont see a place at my new house where i can charge it. I also cannot find a boat storage place around Austin with electircal hook ups. Any solutions?

I was looking at a generator. does anyone use a generator to charge thheir batteries? would this work or does this have a negative impact on the life of the batteries?

any advice would help!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Shoreline Boat and RV Storage has spaces that they rent for boats or RVs and have electric hookups. I don't know how far that is from you or how much you are willing to spend, but you might call Greg Riddle and check with him. They are just east of IH35 at Grand Ave Parkway in Pflugerville at exit 248.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
You're not able to run an orange cord from the closest duplex outlet to the boat?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Assuming no access to long extension cord etc then I'd look into a solar scheme. You could get a solar panel to directly charge one of the batteries and then that battery could drive an inverter that kicks it up to 110v ac which would drive the charger you currently have for the other 3 batteries. Only issue might be solar is such an invitation to theft. Once those batteries are charged it takes very little power to keep them fully charged.

or you could get one of those $100 100W generators but then you have to go out there periodically to run it.

I've thought about running 12v from the back of the truck to the boat trailer so I could charge the batteries while driving down the road but I just don't run down my trolling battery(s) much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts