Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any know of someone who replaces boat carpet at a decent price. I have a 17' deep V with carpet on just about every surface. I got a name from a carpet supplier on east 7th. This guy is out in Bastrop. I got a rough estimate on the phone but, 1k-2k seems a bit high. Any help and info would be great!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Does any know of someone who replaces boat carpet at a decent price. I have a 17' deep V with carpet on just about every surface. I got a name from a carpet supplier on east 7th. This guy is out in Bastrop. I got a rough estimate on the phone but, 1k-2k seems a bit high. Any help and info would be great!
I don't have a recommendation but that quote seems way out of whack.

And welcome to the site!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.....I thought that quote was way off too. Well, it was over the phone and not seeing the boat in person. I am most likely going to have to do it myself.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I have a similar boat and will be doing it when it comes time. If that quote turns out legit I may be looking into doing it for the money too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a quote from a local spray on bed liner company. They will spray the sides, gunnels, front and back for $380. Im going to re-carpet the bottom floor, front and back casting decks myself. Im out the door for $500....

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I wouldnt do the spray in bedliner. I've been in a boat with it several years ago and that stuff will flat at cook you when it gets over 85. You might want to go out in a boat with someone with it first.

You should be able to carpet your whole boat if you did it yourself for $300 and that is using top of the line 24oz BassCat carpet. Look over on BBC for tips and tons of pictures. There are a bunch of guys that are replacing carpet for $800 (in Waco, Dallas area) which includes everything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We just re-did our boat carpet last year, there is a place we ordered from in Alabama I believe that had all of our boat sections precut, get ready it is a lomg process for a do it your selfer, but it looks damn good when finished. The pieces came rough cut for our panels, and then we glued and cut for fine fitting. If you do decide to do it your self, make sure like all the videos tell you, check your grain, make sure all the grain flows in the right direction.

·
Registered
6 Posts
New marine flooring! I had this product on my old boat and it was fantastic. I just purchase a new boat and going to use the product on the floor in my new boat. I have used many flooring products over the years and this product is the best and better than any other product I have used in the past. Highly recommend this DECKadence

1 - 14 of 14 Posts