Bass Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Thanks John, I'll check out the tournaments on your website.

jz2518, on the ZX 200
Yeah I'm new here, oh but WTH? I can't resist, I've seen Supernovas, that's why I've been holding out.
Are those turned on?
Or are they on a rheostat & at the lowest setting?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Those look like the manufacturer of the lights on the row boats down on town lake at night. You cannot see those a-holes until they are about to plow into you. Maybe they should be looking into some supernovas

·
Registered
8 Posts
2013-03-16 21.11.31.jpg 2013-03-16 21.11.50.jpg

Just was going to say i have about 200.00 or so all in and did the install myself on this last year and still works great. Almost everything is off Amazon and Orileys for switches and wire. I even have a dimmer on the white lights so they are not over bright at night.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I want proof that the SuperNova is that much better. They want 250.00 for 2 16 ft sections of light when you can get that for 30 bucks and add your own ends on and heat shrink it yourself I just dont see the price difference.

SINOLLC 5050 SMD Green 60Led/M Lighting Strip IP65 Waterproof 300Led Strip Light Flexible Ribbon New Black PCB - Amazon.com

Link to green with black PBC on amazon.

SuperNova Fishing Lights are underwater LED fishing lights

Link to the supernovas.

Now if supernova did a video comparing there product to others and could show why they are so much better maybe. i have 4 16ft links, wire, 2 switches, fuses, heat shrink, dimmer switch and toggle switches and came out cheaper then there kit.

Also as far as frying have had no problems with them and lots of run time on them already.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
I have supernovas on 2 boats. Seems like I didn't spend much more than you did goldenboy. I guess one stark difference is that I made a phone call and dropped my boat off. You had to order lights and install them yourself sounds like. I supported a local business and have a contact number if I have issues. What's the number to your light's customer service dept in case you have issues with the product or the installation?

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
I want proof that the SuperNova is that much better. They want 250.00 for 2 16 ft sections of light when you can get that for 30 bucks and add your own ends on and heat shrink it yourself I just dont see the price difference.

SINOLLC 5050 SMD Green 60Led/M Lighting Strip IP65 Waterproof 300Led Strip Light Flexible Ribbon New Black PCB - Amazon.com

Link to green with black PBC on amazon.

SuperNova Fishing Lights are underwater LED fishing lights

Link to the supernovas.

Now if supernova did a video comparing there product to others and could show why they are so much better maybe. i have 4 16ft links, wire, 2 switches, fuses, heat shrink, dimmer switch and toggle switches and came out cheaper then there kit.

Also as far as frying have had no problems with them and lots of run time on them already.

I really don't think SuperNova needs to prove anything to anyone especially some guy with only 4 post. If you like them and want to support a great guy trying to run a small business that is local then great. If not, then that is ok too. Just don't go knocking something you haven't tried.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Hey ya'll I will be having the Kayak outfitted in Supernovafishinglights. What battery do you suggest? I would also be looking for the trickle type of charger. The only other electronics I will have on the kayak is the lowrance Elite 4dsi.

Thank you
Cory

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread. How do you like the. Lowrance dsi ff. I just go one yesterday.

Hey ya'll I will be having the Kayak outfitted in Supernovafishinglights. What battery do you suggest? I would also be looking for the trickle type of charger. The only other electronics I will have on the kayak is the lowrance Elite 4dsi.

Thank you
Cory

·
Registered
8 Posts
I really don't think SuperNova needs to prove anything to anyone especially some guy with only 4 post. If you like them and want to support a great guy trying to run a small business that is local then great. If not, then that is ok too. Just don't go knocking something you haven't tried.
Not saying anything bad about them just saying if i was them i would offer more info and more videos on youtube to support there product that's all. in my mind i would spend the money if you could find more information on them in a heart beat. There are very few photos and very little info on them. All you can find is what you see on the forums and a year ago when i did my setup there was even less. I never said they sucked I just was trying to give another options to the people that may read this and not have the money for there setup. So in the end i am not sure why you are getting so defensive i have not said one mean thing or ripped on anyone or anything. Just that if i was selling a premium product i would want to show why its premium. Dos that make since to you. i would even say if you have there lights why not make a nice 1080p video and do a nice review and put it on youtube so guys like me that cant go out and fish all the time and see everyone's boats could check them out. That's it, you dont have to be so mean about it. I just made a suggestion and it hurts everyone feelings, thats maybe why alot of people dont want to post alot because everyone just want to ripe into a guy that ask them for more info about there product.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dez i am glad you are reading this post i hope you do take some time and make a nice video showing off you product so guys like myself that would invest in your product could have a way to check it out before spending the money. Also as i said in my last post in no way am i talking bad about your lights just would love to find more info and ways to see them before ordering them.

·
Registered
593 Posts
when you go through supernova, you are dealing with the owner that will help you out with his product if anything goes wrong. who are you going to talk to when you have a problem. you going to call amazon or ebay (guy from indain is going to pick up) For a few more dollar you could had him do it with warranty.
local on owner

View attachment 11008 View attachment 11009

Just was going to say i have about 200.00 or so all in and did the install myself on this last year and still works great. Almost everything is off Amazon and Orileys for switches and wire. I even have a dimmer on the white lights so they are not over bright at night.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Cory most guys use a sealed lead acid battery. With that graph and an Extreme Kayak Kit installed you'll be drawing about 3 amps. Multiply that by the hours you expect to fish and you'll have the necessary amp hour rating. I would suggest 18amp hours. That gets me thru all night with comparable amp draw. Heres a pretty good one. PS-12180 12v 18Ah Lead Acid Battery 12VOLT F2 TERMINAL - Amazon.com
Keep Austin Weird! Support your Local...... & save money too!
Even locals run Supernova and buy from Amazon.......

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Crap I need to get in touch with you pronto before the added cost of marketing...(sorry to all of you in the marketing industry, but you are the reason organic milk is 7.50 per gallon.

Sorry to jack the thread but unfortunately this guy is trying to make Supernova into the banjo lure. If you want advertising hop on Shark Tank or something. 1080p Really? You want a side by side comparison hit lake Austin anytime...

I find it hard to believe that you could not find information about Supernova lights on the web with videos or pictures. All you have to do is hit the search function on the upper right hand of your screen. there are no less than 50 times supernova has been mentioned on ABF alone. Its not a gimick. If you want a ferrari then get a ferrari, but if you prefer yugo then go with yugo. I will put my money and time and effort into supporting and counting on Supernova. I have the peace of mind when on the water. Yes I am grumpy today...

Thank you Dez for a great product.

Lance do you do the install on Kayak kits? If not, Dez please let me know when you and I can meet up.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts