Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Rick. New to this area and started seeing all these LED lights around Lake Austin on boats. I called a local shop and they wanted $250 with tax for some basic LED lights installed on my Skeeter. That sounded really expensive to me so I looked around on the internet. Found some on Ebay for around $12 that were marine grade but wasn't quite sure about the quality. Then I found Blue Water LED, and they had a marine grade light kit for my running lights for only $32. It comes with instruction and the install kit you will need to do it yourself. It was super easy to do, only took me a few minutes and now I have some really cool lights for over $220 cheaper than the shop quoted me. Plus I didn't have to drive out of my way, waste gas money and time, leave my boat behind, etc., just did it my garage and presto, new lights.

You can check out their website here, Blue Water LED I have been very happy so far they look great and are really bright. A lot of professional bass fishermen are on their prostaff, people like Alton Jones and Randy Howell, if its good enough for BASS Elite Series Pros it's good enough for me! You guys check em out if you are looking from some lights. Tell them Rick Thomas sent you!

Thank you!

Rick.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Rick welcome, the events you are talking about are run by Texas Tournament Zone (Bass Fishing Tournaments in Texas ? Texas Tournament Zone) come out and join us on Austin once the tournaments start up. If you are interested in fishing a tournament trial in addition to a few week night events, you can find out more on the aforementioned website. Our first event is on the 25th of January on Lake LBJ. If you have a yamaha on that Skeeter boat than you can also qualify for Skeeter Real Money.

Something to keep in mind, if you do like to fish tournaments and you do like to win money. TTZ is working with a local light maker, SuperNova Fishing Lights, on a 2014 sponsorship that might include a program with possible cash incentives. Hopefully we will have an announcement soon, I think the two owners are just crossing Ts and dotting Is.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
We have installed some of the less expensive lights on a TTZ anglers boat and then had to go back and replace one with a Supernova due to a failure . Side by side when on... the Supernovas were much brighter. Tracker Marine stocks and can install them for you if you would like. Gary 512 250 9000

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's why I went with Blue Water over some Ebay lights. They have great reviews. I called the Tracker place, that's when I decided I would just be better off doing it myself. I am more of a hands on kind of guy. I like to tinker with stuff, so I would rather save a couple hundred and just do it myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lance,

No, it is not even close. Of course I don't back my trailer half way out into the lake either. If the front of my nose is hitting the roller, then I have parked my trailer way too deep.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Are the blue lights ip68 waterproof? Installation is very important. Must led come the same place in china. The best led are from flexfire but they will cost you some money. You must have a loose wires Also dez has a good video to tin your wires. I put some cheap led that I got of flebay on my kayak and fish tank. (Not bluelight) No problems. The most import is to do the installation right. That is where dez comes in. He take all the guess work out. Don from wildcat has some tips on how to install them

Also gester . Ask dez if he will help you find the short you have in your setup.

Kayak fishing lights | Kayak Fishing | Texas Fishing Forum

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wwsTxzredF8&desktop_uri=/watch?v=wwsTxzredF8

I actually have Blue Water lights on my boat and trailer. I am considering replacing them with Super Novas if I have to wiggle a strand on my deck 1 more time to get it to stay on......or beat them with a hammer while stripper fishing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Rick more power to you if you want to save yourself money and you are a do it yourself guy. My best friend who restored his old skeeter put those on and he did a great job and he is trying to convince me I should do the same. Why people would critize that is lame. As for me when I decide to put LED lights on my boat I will save the money I need and have Supernova lights installed. Simple because of the quality of the product they are putting out and how they stand behind it. Good luck, welcome to the forum and crush some cold friendlies.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Anglico, there is some of that local hospitality I heard about. I appreciate your welcome message. Gester that sounds like maybe install issue, check for a loose connection somewhere along the way. Good luck on getting it fixed, bluewater has a help line if you want to talk to them as well. jz2518 not sure if ip68 waterproof, but I suppose i could ask.

Dez didn't mean to step on your toes, I didn't even see your company come up when I did my internet search for products. As for being "a little tight or can't afford SuperNovas" as you stated in your post, just a FYI money is not an issue for me because I make smart decisions. I enjoy working on boat projects, I like to save $220 dollars, I have money because I make smart choices, add it all up and a DIY job is a no brainer for me. I could always use more cash, but I'm not hurting if you know what I mean. I'll check out your website for some rod locker lights. Do you sell kits for DIYers or just install packages?

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Barter? whats this? I have a ton of flipping trokar hooks if anyone has anything they would like to barter.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts