Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Birthday Day JJAM on Lake Bastrop-VID/PICS

I was wanting to take JJAM to Fayette for his BD, but the wind was too much to risk it...Instead went to Lake Bastrop. With him and his basscat, Chris and I , met at North Shore Park at 6:30am.

Started at 7am, at discharge. One other boat in discharge area....Nothing until about 7:45am, when the schools of bass chasing shad started appearing all around us. Like the other boats in the area, saw several nice bass (probably 4lbs+) caught. We only could catch the 10" to 17" bass.....I missed several on topwater. Most were caught on Zoom Bait Company Super Fluke Jr.  in White ICE, weightless......Aout five boats were in that area trying to catch one of those bass....Winds were gusting to over 20mph+...

Stopped fishing the discharge at 9am and started keying on grass, woods and drop-offs. Caught more bass on shacky head with Rattlesnake-4inch, lipless crankbaits, and texas rigged dark colored worms...

JJAM, Happy Birthday...Along with Joe, his brother-inlaw Chris, neither one had never seen this kind of bass-chasing-shad event before...Sometimes frustrating when you miss so much fish!...

Overall very fun for a Feb. 4th, wintertime day in the  upper 70's....Off the lake by noontime...Back to work!

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Bastrop-Monday with Birthday Day JJAM!

LMAO...at the comments by Chris on the video....

Lasted about 1hour and 30 minutes, before schools of bait stopped....The bass would bust shad near the roped off section and they would move all the way down to the mouth of the discharge....then wait about 10 minutes, another wave of shad busting would start.....

Bass were mainly schoolies with a few big fish mixed in....

JUST PURE FUN!!!

· Banned
1,633 Posts
Re:  Birthday Day JJAM on Lake Bastrop-VID/PI

Happy Birthday JoS.  

Definitely a nice gift to get it started right.  

Imagine that activity intensified by at least 100 times with a duration of a solid 45 minutes.  That's what happened to me and Fob on July 5th of '07 on the main lake.  Good ole Bastrop schoolies, now you know.....  

· Registered
38 Posts

Sure was a fun experience. We need to do it again soon.
Thanks ranger for the fun and the images.

Sorry for the foul language in my clip. My small digital camera did not do it justice. Am I right joe!

· Registered
2,541 Posts
Re: Bastrop-Monday with Birthday Day JJAM!

jjam said:
that schoolie action was definitely new to me and fun.
Thanks for the video. It is an awesome thing to see.

Last September a friend and I were out there and this schooling action lasted all day long. They were all around the boat. It made no difference which side you tried to fish because they were in the front, in the back, and both sides. I have never seen LMB come flying out of the water, flipping end over end through the air like they did that day. It was definitely something to see.

· Registered
38 Posts

sure. Maybe next time we'll get some better video footage.

Both of us lost our favorite rattle traps, but threw in some 8 in worms in the stumps and had some luck with the one in the image.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.