Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 8in huddleston (ROF 12)and a baitsanity 8in glidebait (superslow sink). Im excited to target LARGE fish with this technique. im setup with heavy rod and 60lb braid a reel that will get the job done. Any advice for big swimbait fishing? i know the winter time is the time to get those deep BIG bites. let me know your 2 cents on the matter!

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Patience and don’t give up. Good luck!

Reactions: flykast

·
Registered
317 Posts
You might want to rethink the braid choice. Those are big baits and braid doesn't do well with hard shocks. Think about a backlash on a long hard cast. That big swimbait might keep sailing. I have seen many $300 Romans go flying to never be seen again.

An alternative would be 25-30lb mono or copolymer. More forgiving and with treble hooks a hard hookset isn't required.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You can find a wealth of information on tacticalbassin.com about fishing the Hud. Good videos on all bass fishing topics. They typically use heavy braid with a mono or fluoro leader.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info. I will setup a mono leader, i have been casting just fine but id hate to lose these lures. I love tactical bassin and love their content, they have given me a plethora of tips and info. Im looking for local input, and texas angling input. I appreciate all the replies!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts