Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have a 30ft pontoon that I would like to launch on Travis this weekend to take the kids out for some white bass fishing. I always launched at Dink before off the shore, but I have not been out there in a few months.

Anyone been by Dink lately who can tell me what kind of shape the shore launch area is there? I need about 25-30 ft to safetly get the pontoon on and off the trailer.

Oh, and any white bass hot lures/methods would be appreciated as well!

Thanks,

Bryan

·
Registered
272 Posts
I launched a 22ft tritoon today no problem. Loaded and out easy. I have the longest ram cummins 4x4. I have a 4 ft extension for my receiver but didn't need it. I would suggest you walk out neck deep to see what's left. I think by what I saw on water depth you will be fine though. I backed in to the left of the new concrete monument. Drivers left.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I launched a 22ft tritoon today no problem. Loaded and out easy. I have the longest ram cummins 4x4. I have a 4 ft extension for my receiver but didn't need it. I would suggest you walk out neck deep to see what's left. I think by what I saw on water depth you will be fine though. I backed in to the left of the new concrete monument. Drivers left.
Sorry...I launched at tournament point....pace bend...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you everyone for the information. I may try and give it a go at DINK on Friday. If I don't feel good about it, I will bite the bullet and pay the $40.00 at Volente.

Does anyone know how good the launch is at volente? Is it worth the $40?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts