Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out on LA, and it felt pretty good. got off at Quinlin park and headed off to a place i have named turkey beach. stopped along the way at that grass bank at the spa resort, started throwing WW's in grass and caught a few small blacks. then switched to the deeper side of the lake and started throwing baby perch colored crankbaits. waited a few minutes and i felt a sharp tug on my line. i thought it was a bass. but when the fish surfaced i saw it was a monster perch. i could of had a nice meal if i caught five more. i managed to catch another big perch, both weighing in around 12oz. it was a fun day. no pics :'(, but will try to get some next time i catch some more. any tips on how to rack up on big perch?? thanks for the help ::) :p :cool:

·
Registered
936 Posts
i used to catch some big perch around the 360 bridge on beetle spins! there are some big ones in there! let me put it this way, i was trying for catfish with stink bait and i caught one of those big boys on the treble hook! i love the flavor of those big perch! i bake them in lemon, onions, butter and lemon pepper! ok, i am headed to fiesta for some tilapia! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.