Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on purchasing my FIRST fishing boat. I will be buying used. I live close to downtown Austin and will be primarily looking to bass fish nearby on the weekends. I assume mostly Lake Austin, Lake Travis, Bastrop, and maybe Fayette.

Debating between a bass boat, a hybrid fish/fun boat, and bay boat. I like the bass boats primary for the set-up (front and back platforms for you and buddy to fish) and the sharp looks, ha. I assume the hybrid fish/fun boat would give me the benefit of a bass boat type setup with the benefit of just taking some buddies out during summer for fun on Lake Austin. The bay type boat I like because I prefer to stand while driving since I'm not very tall, makes me have better visibility and I feel more comfortable. Also, I hear the bay rides on rougher water better, however some don't have the front & back platforms that I prefer while fishing. I own a 4x4 Ford Truck so size shouldn't be an issue to tow. I will mostly likely try to stay under $10k for a used boat, but no more than $12k for my very first boat.

Any suggestions would be helpful based on the lakes I will be primarily fishing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you @envasquez, and thank EVERYONE for taking the time to respond and give me great advice. I've got some considering and some shopping to do, ha. I will be sure to update and post pic of what I end up with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.