Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Woke up about the time Bill was making his first cast. Planned to get there a little early to beat the heat. Got gas at Shell on I-35..$4.06! First cast at around 9:40. Started catching pretty soon. The fish didn't seem like they really wanted the baits. I got so many hits where the bait would just be "balled up" on the jighead with no hook up. I got at least a couple dozen of these. I had so many fish come unbuttoned today. They were not trying to eat the bait. My clicking rules are that if I see the fish I count it. A hard pulling one that comes off doesn't count if I don't see it. Went to several areas. Didn't catch fish in all of them. The afternoon bite was really better than the morning for me. They really wanted the 2.8 Keitech when the sun came out. I clicked 27 by the time I quit at around 3:45. The count included two of my hard pulling friends and 5 magnum Bluegill. I didn't know Belton had such huge ones. I may be fishing for them sometime. Hardest pulls today were the smallmouth. Water temp was 77º. Spring is slipping away. There were quite a few boats in the parking lot this morning but they were all gone when I came in. Caught fish on the Baby Z Too and the 2.8 Keitech. I'm not very versatile.
Cloud Sky Water Fisherman Boat

Cloud Sky Water Fisherman Fish

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
from the ABF handbook: all fish landed can be counted as landed. all fish hooked but got off before landed can be counted only as hookups. all others can be...um...aw heck...you wouldnt have these issues if you threw only topwaters!!!!

been seeing a lot of top activity at the gt rockpile, with a bit of multi-fish schooling here and there, more in the middle, and waaaay outa my reach. i know for a fact/experience the top activity will only get even better as the summer progresses!

yer a stud.

·
Registered
113 Posts
No need to be versatile if you're catching fish :ROFLMAO:. How big is that smallie in the first pic?, its quite a nice one, making me want to go to Belton again with my new pedal yak. Does the smallie bite die off as summer rolls in, or do you just fish deeper like for largies?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure on the weight. Put up an awesome fight. I looked at my log and I have little experience on Belton in the summer. I had one trip in July of 2019 and had a terrible day. I'm going to try main lake channel swing banks this summer. I'm sure some finesse technique will work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts