Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took Moonraker and Gabby out for their first time (my 2nd) on Belton yesterday to prefish for an upcoming club T.  I did more working (via laptop/3g card) than fishing, but it was fun to watch them stick a few, which they did.  Gabby is quite the fishergirl...I think she caught the most, but my boy David stuck (what I believe to be) his PB smallmouth, @ 3.8 lbs.  

Water was 65ish and stained...we fished the lower end and caught probably 2 dozen or so, all but one were caught on slow moving plastics.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Chris's Catch of the day... LOL>

And I caught this guy too. Grabbed him out of the water.

My first thoughts of Belton where of Lake Travis, and I just did  what I would do on Travis, and worked out great. There must be a huge population of bass in that place, we where catching a ton of dinks, but it was a lot of fun to have that much action in the middle of the day.

I think that would be an awesome place to fish early in the morning, and is a great place to take some kids. Thanks Chris for the wake up call to go to Belton. I'll definitely go back there sometime. All fish caught were Main Lake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.