Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hadn't been to Belton since 12/13/19. Waited out the fog and mist and started fishing around 10:30. I hooked one pretty soon on the Armor Shad but it pulled off. Went to some areas where they will go to spawn and started catching fish on steeper banks not too far from main lake points. Got 2 pretty quick on a Texas rig neko with a Zman TRD. Threw the 2.8 Keitech and got another in the same area. Went to another area and found a little group of smallmouth in a similar area. Caught 3 smallies on the 2.8. Had clouds and wind all morning. Ate lunch at 1:00. Didn't have another sniff until I gave up a little after 3:00. Water was 54º-56º. The smallie in the photo is not the biggest but pulled really hard on my light tackle. Ended up with 6. Ok for an old fart who gets to the lake at 10:30.

·
Registered
205 Posts
That is a pretty smallie. I lost one on Belton about 2 years ago, still haunts me, it was big. Fog on Stillhouse was ridiculous on Sunday morning, but not as ridiculous as the fish's lack of cooperation. As far as not being a bad day for an old fart, you are still getting out there and giving them hell!!

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Beautiful smallmouth, Longhorn! Thanks for the report! I’m gonna put the paddle tail in the regular rotation in the next couple weeks.

Sorry to hear about foggy Stillhouse, welder. I almost went there on Sunday. I guess I’m glad I didn’t.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts