Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a cold water game plan with everything rigged and ready to go. Planned to fish a different area of the lake. Got to Rogers Park at 9:00. Backed down the ramp to find it is a really a flat one. I am usually alone so I couldn't launch and retrieve there. Went to Temple Lake Park to find the same flat ramp. So went to the marina where I've always launched. I probably started fishing about 10:45 and quit at 3:15. Tried all kinds of things. Hard jerk baits, all kinds of finesse stuff. I think I had one bite on a 2.8 Keitech, I was slowly retrieving and it was slowly swimming...felt it when it let go. First skunk since 2/3/20 when I was rained off after 2 hours. Water was 49º everywhere I went.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I agree with Jeremy, I think they had plenty of shad to feed on during the freeze. With this nice weather I am hoping to see a real pick up in activity this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
2,023 Posts
OK, it was more than a suspicion. The fish I caught Saturday was barfing shad. The shad were scattered, floating solo around the lake.

Today, I joined the team and got skunked. I fished Pflugie from 3:45 to 6:15. Not a bite.
0F6D8646-A913-497B-A462-3FF47532D56E.jpeg

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Great photo! I would have thought today would have been better. Welcome to the club! It is rare for you to not catch one! I went to the cement pond for a short time today. Throwing a Thunder Cricket I hooked about a 10 lb blue cat...on the back. Quite a fight. Did see one shad on the surface.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts