Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LAKE:   Belton
DATE: Saturday 14NOV09 6am-2pm
WEATHER:  Partly cloudy, air temp: 60 to mid 70s.  Winds: light in the morning building to 19 mph out of the SSW
WATER CONDITION:  The lake was definitely up (597.89 ft) compared to ( 590.03 ft) in mid October.   Most areas I fished seemed to have normal stain and clarity.  

SUMMARY:
Fished the FAN George Cook Memorial Open tournament.  Didn't get on the fish by any means.  It was tough going for us.  We had a few dinks and scratched up 4 keepers for total of 5.41 lbs.  Our numbers and quality didn't make the grade this time around.  Caught them on a wide variety of baits, anything from a crank and spinner baits to plastic worms and creature baits.  It was just one of those days.  It wasn't all bad news though.  There were some nice bags of fish brought in.  19 and 20 lb sacks to boot.  Congrats to my TBW team mates Jeff Pitrucha and Ronnie Trower for taking 1st.    

I had a great despite not getting on the fish.  Jeff Cook and his tournament staff have been known put on a great event and this one was no different.  Electronic leader board, stage, professional scales, PA system, stage, aerated holding tanks, basically everything you'd expect from a reputable tournament trail.  

I definitely look forward to fishing the FAN Central Texas Trail in 2010

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.