Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to go on the road on this windy day. Hadn't been to Belton since March 30th. Launched at Lakeview Park..one other trailer when I got there..it was still there when I left which tells me they were having a good day. Started fishing at 8:50 in heavy overcast. Fished a long stretch and caught 7 or 8 dinks..yearlings slightly longer than the senko. A few of them were smallmouths. I saw some schooling not far off the bank and assumed they were sand bass and didn't fish them. Had a game plan so went to the next area. Caught one here and there. Saw some schooling right up next to the bank not far away. Two or three fish herding tiny shad against the bank. They only stayed up for a few seconds. When I got to that area I started catching them when they were not on top. I fished back and forth and caught quite a few fish in a short time. When they would come up within casting distance they would clobber the senko. These were all fat hard pullers. Smallmouths mixed in. I think I caught 10 to 12 smallmouths on the day. When I had my PB&J at 12:25 I had clicked 19. After lunch went to a main lake channel swing bank and started catching one here and there. The fishing gods were again good to me as I found more schoolers pushing shad right up on the bank. I stayed in that area quite a while steadily catching when they were down and up. Started throwing the nose-hooked Super Fluke Jr. and they really liked that. These were also fat hard pullers. Moved down the bank and another school came up..caught some right away..these were 10" smallmouths. Clicked 33 (one drum, no bluegill) by the time I left them biting at 3:00. Baby bass 5" senko and Albino Super Fluke Jr.
Water Vertebrate Fish Fisherman Watercourse

Water Fisherman Fish Lake Recreational fishing

1 - 1 of 1 Posts