Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey Firefly,
I went out there last Friday. It was slow. Only managed 3 in the boat. Largest about 2 lbs. on a topwater. Lately I've noticed torn up grass floating all over the entire lake. I believe this comes from people new to the lake not knowing that they're mowing down the submerged grass as they troll around the shallows. This makes it pretty much impossible to use baits with treble hooks. So spinnerbaits and worms should produce for you. Good Luck!
FISH ON

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Good day on Sunday. 25+ on spinnerbaits.

Had 13 in the boat by 9am with the smallest around 17". It was a great spinnerbait morning.

Caught a few in the coves but the algae blooms made sight fishing impossible.

I caught a 4+ at the north shore ramp before launching. I like it when the day starts that way. :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Jig bite has been good for me out there for the last couple of months, averaging 15-25 fish per trip every time I go. Fish grass clumps in the 7-12 ft range. When you get bit fish the hell out of the area as I've been catching my fish in bunches. 3 to 4 fish back to back has been pretty common.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Me and my friends have been having 15-25 fish days lately, but not shallow. TX and C rigs.

I've found a magic color for 15 inchers, I just need to find something that produces bigger fish more consistently out there. We have been catching a lot in the 15-17 range, and I caught a 5 out there last week.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Reddrooster, yep that was my partners bay boat. We use my boat if its a paper tourny. My skeeter its its from 1984, but (knock on wood) everything works great on it. Its not a real big boat, but it gets the job done.

I have fished in a newer skeeter like yours, talk about a smooth ride! :cool:Are you and stogie going to make it out on the water?

There she be

·
Registered
146 Posts
Crumple_Chrome  - Sweet! That's a classic. We might head back down to Choke next week during the middle of the week to avoid some of the traffic. We need to pre-fish Fayette for a March 28th tourny and hit Bastrop too.

Sorry moderator, I didn't mean to hijack the Bastrop thread.  ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.