Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
couldn't sleep thursday nite and decided to play hooky from work and go to the strop....good decision! fished daylight till 6pm.
weather: stormy (lightning) early am..overcast and windy 15 to 25 till mid day and then p/c and then it got WINDY!!!
fished for 20 minutes with the lightning popping all around the lake and could not get bit...lightning stopped and the topwater (yellow magic) got crazy..caught 19 to 2.5lbs along the dam and the reed line and next cove...very fat and healthy fish. topwater slowed down some and caught a few on a very small spinnerbait...really thought that bite would be on with all the wind but no...got an a main lake point and was throwing a liitle george and caught 6 10"s on six casts...decided to take a break, make a few phone calls and eat something. clouds started to go away and the wind went nuts..thought the day was over but decided to stick around and look for some bigger fish...got out the frog, put the trolling motor on med-high and started down the swimming bank at southshore. 25minutes...nothing and then got on a wind blown bank and they turned on....ended the afternoon with 25 frog fish between 2.5 to 4.5lbs...i'm still shaking....missed about 5 but with that many caught they weren't short striking..man what a lake...............now the question..where are the 7+ fish....that lake should be FULL of them!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Sounds like a great trip, thanks for the report. I was out there yesterday with someone and we didn't fair so well, 8 fish between us.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not too good with the pic's...didn't even bring a camera and then about half way to the lake i realized i didn't even have my cell..thats what happens at my age and you don't even make up your mind to go fishing until 4 am!! poor preparation on my part ...i seem to do really well on that lake when there is some kind of weather change..cool front, storms, and lot o wind...don't get to fish much anymore so i try and go only when the weather is bad..that little lake is just full of fish. wish i could get out there more often...............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.