Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Bastrop with Fish Ninja started around 7am fished till noon.  We managed about 30 fish between the 2 of us nothing over 4lbs but fun fishing.  

We started in the discharge and caught 6 or 7 fish pretty quick on flukes and the fancy Fish Ninja rig that catches 2 fish at once :eek:.   Had alot of short strikes and blow ups in the discharge just not connecting like they should.   Took off from the discharge and started throwing the Ayu color Rattle Flash and started catching fish pretty quick I had 3 or 4 decent ones on in one area then we moved to the intake and Ninja caught one on a buzzbait and a few more on the trap and wacky rigs.  

The bite died for about an hr and we tried humps with no luck.  Luckily the wind picked up some and we caught several more fish on Traps and weightless senkos in the grass.

Good times Derek is a great guy and fun to fish with,  here are some pics from today.

Fish Ninja Fancy two for one rig!

Now you think those bass like the Rattleflash?

Fishing the Strop!

Take Care
H.H.J.

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Ninja and Jenkins out on the Trop!  ;D

Now I have seen everything!

Is not that two fish, one cast thing illegal? :p

Nice going dudes!!

EA

·
Registered
795 Posts
Dude, it's legal. :-X If you can tie the hooks on the line you can catch them!! (what do I know? My theory- when they are schooling and you can catch more than one at a time, why wouldn't you!??!) ;D

HHJ is a great guide on Bastrop, I just need to be a better client and listen when he says, "you might want to throw the Kinami rattle flash- they are really eating it!" He probably had twice as many fish as me, but I was just in awe of his fishing skills. I'll take him somewhere and show him a thing or two some other time.

I thought we were on track to be able to get 50 fish today, but kinda hit a lull in the action for a while and killed our chances of that. But there is always next time, and I'll take it more serious! There will be a rematch with Bastrop vs. Me and HHJ!!!

Watch for it! :eek:

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Good Times HHJ and Ninja. Whats up with the Asians and their double fish rigs on Trop??? Kinda reminds me of....hmmmm.......me... ;D When I was fishing beside HHJ during the summer schooling action. However, mine only caught one at a time. Must be a ninja thing....

Ninja, that carrot stick has character.... Always grabs my attention when I see one. I always wanted a rod called "The Green Destiny" or an AirFob favorite; a hand made "Hatori Hanzo".

·
Registered
4 Posts
EA said:
Ninja and Jenkins out on the Trop! ;D

Now I have seen everything!

Is not that two fish, one cast thing illegal?

Nice going dudes!!

EA
2 hooks on 1 line is legal during Tournament Angling. But TROLLING is NOT allowed during Tournaments while using the combustion engine. ;)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Rude,  you know that Andre from Reaction Innovations has been wrapping his own rods for a while now.  I have to call him and ask if he nicknamed any of them.  I know he made a super heavy flippin' stick and a really awesome swimbait rod, maybe one of them was named, "The Skirt Lifter!"  ::)

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Yea dudes,

I was so kidding when I asked if that was legal.

I was just jacking with Ninja. He is a friend of mine, so it is Ok.

We do keep a close eye on the TFF / BS though.

My bad for not adding the correct smiley face whatever. I fixed it.

EA

·
Registered
4 Posts
What you boys got against TFF? I've seen many posts from the two of you on that site. Just a comment don't get your feathers all ruffled up! :-*

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
You must have me confused with someone else. I have not looked at that site in 3-4 months.

This is not the place to discuss, but ABF will not become a TFF.

EA

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Since I posted that on TFF, I must answer....

EA, AIRFOB and I have been invited on a FREE guide trip in March to Lake Fork....What are friends for.....Hope to catch a SAL! ;D ;D

I have been posting on TFF since 2001 until ABF got up and running..Got to love ABF!

SORRY CHARLIE, NOT TO HIJAAK THIS POST!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I need to thank Fish Ninja for setting me up with the Ratle Flash. Finished tied for second in the Kayak Angler Tournament on Bastrop today. 11 keepers on that bait alone. I wish we could have counted more than three. Thanks again for all the help.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.