Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can’t decide between Decker and Bastrop. Where to go where to go… Last time at bastrop I caught a fairly decent amount but nothing over 16-17 inches. Decker has bigger fish but lately I’ve been only pulling in the smaller fun-fish. I’ve decided against Lady Bird. Help me out!

·
Super Moderator
2,537 Posts
I think Scott is fishing from a recently acquired pedal yak that should get him in and out of Decker with no problem, but yeah, definitely a consideration to those with power boats.

·
Registered
94 Posts
this from a guy in a club I have affiliations with...not personal observation...

Just wanted to let all know that the water level at Decker is extremely low. It is off the ramp and off the rocks. There were several trailers in the parking lot. It would be interesting to know how they launched but I believe they will get their feet wet loading. There was one 4 wheeler trailer in the parking lot and I watched a big four wheeler triton try to launch and he could not even float the boat.

But I knew I could launched but I couldn’t float my boat either and my back tires were in the water. My boat was about 8 inches from the wind crank. With effort I was able to snug it and we went back home. I didn’t want to fish Decker that bad.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up at Bastrop. Got a late start to the morning. More trailers in the parking lot than I expected but still not that many. Wind picked up around 10am. Was tougher for me for the few hours I got to fish. 5 total - Tx rig and chatterbait. No bites close to the reeds - bites were on outside edges of the vegetation.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I ended up at Bastrop. Got a late start to the morning. More trailers in the parking lot than I expected but still not that many. Wind picked up around 10am. Was tougher for me for the few hours I got to fish. 5 total - Tx rig and chatterbait. No bites close to the reeds - bites were on outside edges of the vegetation.
I decided to forego decker as well and hit 'strop. Nabbed on really quick (3rd cast maybe?) near the reeds in 3 fow. then silence for a couple of hours. once the wind picked up so did the bite. i almost decided to call it a day, but there is one area we call "Amen Corner" that i wanted to try. glad i did because that's where the big fish of the day came from as well as a couple of smaller ones. if i had waited a couple of months to catch the "big" one it might have gone 4-4.5 which is a monster on bastrop as y'all know! i couldnt get anything on chatterbait although i did have one follower at one point (kinda like my twitter). no luck on swim bait, or cranks either.
everything was off t rigged lizards.

Water Sky Goggles Sunglasses Fin

edit - forgot to mention i was able to find some bait balls at the mouth of the creek near boy scout camp, but i couldn't get bit. i assume the fish chasing them were gar, but they never blew up at the surface.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts