Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You never know what you'll get when you fish Bastrop on any given day. My wife and I took out our new/used Triton fish and ski we got last month. Sold the Mako.
Very sunny :cool:, south wind 5-15 mph.
No schooling, fished mostley in discharge along the right side bank near the trees to get out of the wind We even beached the boat on the bank and casted back into the 15 foot of water.
Caught 15 plus, with 2 break off's :mad:, several 18 inch plus :eek:, many from 12 - 18 inchers all caught on T-rig red ring worm with black core.
Very proud of my wife who caught 4 using a worm.

· Banned
5,438 Posts
Was going to welcome a newbie to the board then noticed the name change. Congrats on the boat swap.

Looks like Bastrop has been good lately, November and December are my best months out there, looking forward to getting out soon.

Thanks for the report

· Registered
1,443 Posts
That worm has been a killer for years. Seldom used anymore however.

Those Bastrop bass always seem to be on steroids, especially in the discharge current.

· Registered
2,305 Posts
We are fishing it EARLY Sunday morning .... hope there's not too many tournaments on the lake that day.
Wanna sell some of those secret red ring worms....hahaha
Supposed to be a cold front blowing in tomorrow night...it will be interesting. I enjoy fishing Bastrop no matter what. Robert and I will make the best of it.

· Registered
64 Posts
I will be out there as well. This is the first time getting out fishing in a LONG time. There will be three of us crammed into a 17' alum Bass Tracker with a 50 hp Merc. If you see us, stop and say hi.

The chance of rain and cold front should make it a good challange. ;)

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Great Report Tim..

Gene and I will be fishing the tournament on Sunday...Should be a interesting day..

Current weekend forecast:

Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. North northwest wind between 5 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saturday: A 20 percent chance of showers before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 62. North northeast wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Saturday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. North northeast wind around 5 mph.

Sunday: A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 59. North wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Sunday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. North wind around 5 mph.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.