Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year to you all.

Fished Bastrop today from 8:30 AM until 3 PM.  Water temp between 57 to 62 depending on where you go.  Was really windy this morning, but the wind finally slowed down a little and the fish really turned on.  We boated 40 fish today all on rattletraps in the grass on wind blown points.  We stayed on the west side of the lake all day long.  The cove around the corner from the North Shore launch is stacked up with fish.  Lost several more at the boat.  It was just that easy. This is the best time of year on Bastrop if you can stand the cold weather and wind.  The fish do not mind the weather is bad. Took pictures of our larger fish so you know I am telling you right.  

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
5A45424444370 said:
Noticed the guy in the back has a frog tied on, did you have any luck on that or not? What a great day, thx for the report
The wind had the lose grass piled up in the back of the coves and secondary points. We did try frogs on these mats, but no fish would take it. The trap bite was too effective to try and stick with the frog bite.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1D2E3D355C0 said:
what color, size, weight and pattern on the traps were effective for you?
I used a red colored Cordell Spot in 1/4 oz size. My partner used a chrome 1/4 oz Frenzy. He also caught fish on a weird colored trap. It was half blue, half tequila and some other color I don't even know what it was.

Personally, I don't think the fish really cared about the color of the trap.

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Sounds like a great trip on the first day of the year. Thanks for the reprt and pics!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.