Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moonraker and I started in discharge at 6am...to meet up with 5 other boats. The fish were not there..Some schooling on topwater. Catch on flukes.

Moved to main lake to find about 15 boats spread out from North Shore park to left side of dam, chasing schooling bass. We caught a ton of bass, from 11" to 20"...There were schools of unders and schools of bass from 18-20"....Got checked by Game Warden-Chris....Invited her to fish fry on Saturday.

At noontime, went looking for overs. Never caught any..but did see some nice overs, cruising the shallows...less than 2 feet of water...

Will be at South Shore  Boat ramp at 5:30am, starting our local fishing tournament. Everyone is invited.

Everyone I talked to said the bass have been schooling all week...Several said I should of been here on Wednesday and Thursday, when the schools stayed up  for hours....Today, maybe 30 seconds to a minute, when the sun was out...

Robert

·
Registered
499 Posts
The bite was still not nearly as good as it has been. Good to see you out there Robert and Moonraker. Discharge didn't do much for us either, just a few. Last week they were in there pretty good. Moved to some main lake spots and picked up on the action with some schoolies coming in on us using flukes, crankbaits and torpedoes and we also got on a pretty decent frog bite. The explosiveness of these fish on a frog is out of this world. Fun stuff. Fished with clients till about 10:30 and then headed back out for a few hours.

Found 2 more overs working an area I caught 3 overs in last week. Caught several there from 3-6lbs and a few more solid fish in the schooling action. I also moved up real shallow after noticing several large fish up tight only to find some really nice 3-4lb channel cats hanging out up there. I took out a weighted hook and landed a few just snagging them. Easy way to eat if you wanted.  :D Off the water before 1.

Good luck to you guys going out there tomorrow. I'll see everyone else at Stillhouse hoping the fishing isn't too 'still' out there if you know what I mean. ;)

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice to finally meet you Brian....We saw you and Robert Brown and gave you'all space with clients...

We too, saw some big cats in the shallows...We could not get those big bass to hit senkos, brush hogs, etc...

Nice to hear you caught some overs...

Good luck at Stillhouse...

Robert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.