Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John and I fished Bastrop Sunday from 7:00 to 3:00 and we left them biting. Started with the discharge and boated 47. Only thing out of the ordinary was I caught one on a CR 10" lizard. From there we tried shallow and things were slow - only one more fish by 11:00 AM. Tried the deep water drop off where we slayed them last week and only picked up one. From there we tried another deep water point and it was on. We picked up another 21 before we had to leave. This was a hidden point that probably does not get much pressure. Most of the fish were caught in 17 to 35' of water with CR flukes and centipedes. This was probably the deepest I have fished this lake and we had the most action around 30'. Has any else had good action this deep at this time of the year? Our total was 70 with BF 5 lbs. 1 oz.

Ray

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yep I have had alot of luck on Bastrop this time of year and on into the summer and late fall. The schoolies are always fun in the summer but your deeper water fish will run bigger in size. Once you find them deep there is usually always a large concentration of fish there this time of year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.