Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched boat at 8:30am with Brooks and Heidi. Only had a few hours to fish before checking out of RV camp at South Shore...

Water temp was 95.2
Water off color
Winds: less then 5mph
Air Temp. 85 degrees

Found schooling bass on left side of dam near overflow. However, they schooling all over the place. Brooks (BIV1) first spoon drop, he caught a bass...we saw fish on top at times, but mainly used graph to locate large schools of bait with fish. Fish were in 15 to 20 feet of water, off the bottom.

Used a TnT Jigging Spoon.

Results: Over 20+ bass. Heidi lost an over at the boat. She is used to slinging in the whites, but this bass had other idea's. It was a very nice bass that jumped at the boat and came off. Most of the bass were from 15" to 18"....We did have about 10 unders...

Off the lake at 11am......

Robert

:DPS: Should of tried jigging spoons at tournament.

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
Cool report and very cool looking slab/spoon. Looks like it just came back from Mardi Gras or some sort of party. We should have been jigging more during the Bastrop Tournament too, but I was stubbornly looking for an over, not playing the odds as I know better. Sounds like there was at least one over willing to hit the spoon out there with the "schoolies." There's nothing to say that grandma won't show up to school one day!

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Must be some kinda Hippy bass out there eating the psychodelic spoon, that things tripping me out just looking at it. We caught 2 and lost 2 at the boat w/ the jigging spoon. Never tried jigging for blacks like that. I was pretty worn out by Sunday so we trolled around most of the morning and caught around 15, mostly slot fish. The Bomber Fat Free Shad in sexy shad color caught most fish. I've caught a thousand whites and stripers trolling but to catch blacks in 30 to 50' of water trolling was cool. We had a blast...

Dez

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.