Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Bastrop twice this weekend. Hadn't been out there since the Spring. Not a lake I am real familiar with but LA was closed.

9/11 4 hours Saturday 6:00 - 10:00 am: Started slow but ended up with 6 total 2 - 3.5 pounds caught on several baits. Swimbaits and one on a Senko. The last three were schooling off one of the lake points I got lucky to happen to be there.

9/12 2.5 hours Sunday, 17:30 - 20:00. caught 4, 2 - 4 lbs. All caught with a swim jig over submerged grass. Picture below 4lbs caught Sunday.
Hot out there, not the numbers I hear about but the fish were all heathy and fiesty. Just glad to be out catching a few.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
It was slow for numbers yesterday.

We boated 12 from 6:30a - 10:30a all but 4 within an 45 minutes of launching.

Then those four when a school popped up at the boat around 8:15a.

Hot, still winds and a glass lake ain't even close to being perfect conditions except for baking. :D

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
Nice fish indeed.  Not bad for a "slow" day.  Thanks for the report.

Justin, I don't know how "big" you are, but I know what it's like to be 6'2" and 300 lbs. The only way a fish looks decent in front of me is if it's WAY in front of me! That's my excuse and I'm stick'n with it.
;D

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
110E021112160A10630 said:
Nice fish indeed.  Not bad for a "slow" day.  Thanks for the report.

Justin, I don't know how "big" you are, but I know what it's like to be 6'2" and 300 lbs.  The only way a fish looks decent in front of me is if it's WAY in front of me!  That's my excuse and I'm stick'n with it.
;D
6'3, 265 so same idea :)

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Got another million dollar idea! Need to mount a hand on a telescoping pole to hold the fish during the photo session. When your friends see how big your fish looks the'll want to know your secret. Tell them the Anglers Edge Pic Stick by Dezco.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice fish Justin and the four pounders look bigger when I'm holding them. ;D

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Robert, did you measure yours?

That fish in mine was just a hair over 18.5 inches (even though it may not look it with yours truly standing behind it), and pretty healthy...Sure wasn't bashful either, he thumped the hell out of a Senko. I probably should quit taking pictures of 4 pounders with my fat arse and just catch a toad and photo that instead, it's be far too long  ;)! What really sucked, the next fish I boated (small slot) broke my rod tip just below the second guide from the top :(.

It was fun out there for sure but you're right muggy and HOT.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
567768120 said:
Got another million dollar idea! Need to mount a hand on a telescoping pole to hold the fish during the photo session. When your see how big your fish looks the'll want to know your secret. Tell them the Anglers Edge Pic Stick by Dezco.

LMAO! ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
10312E540 said:
Got another million dollar idea! Need to mount a hand on a telescoping pole to hold the fish during the photo session. When your see how big your fish looks the'll want to know your secret. Tell them the Anglers Edge Pic Stick by Dezco.
Better get your Patent going before someone beats you to it. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.