Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how anyone else did, but we got skunked! Hit the water about 6am and picked up by 10am. Fished topwater and grass with watermelon worm and got "0"

I kind of got the impression a lot of folks were doing just as well, as it seemed boats were continuously moving.

My Dad didn't bring his flyrod, but said he had a good time just the same.

Did have to show him how to rig a weedless worm correctly. He's focused so much on golf, he's forgotten the things he tought me, lol.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
If your not fishing in 6" or less right now......then your in the wrong spot at Bastrop. The fish are in the shallow grass back in the coves. Look for the holes in the grass.....but stay back off them and cast into them. After you pull a fish out, move on to the next hole. Cycle through them because once you hammer a fish or 2, that hole shuts down for a bit.

Trust me.......The fish are there still.......and they are still biting.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1C2F20292B3C111C79794E0 said:
Any bass schooling near dam?

Not sure, we never got up to the dam. I did count about 8 boats up there, so good chance they were up there.

I'm not sure how to fish the dam, when they are schooling up there.

How do you fish them by the dam?

My first thought is with live bait (walmart nite crawler) hook, sinker, and maybe a cork.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6754474F260 said:
If your not fishing in 6" or less right now......then your in the wrong spot at Bastrop.  The fish are in the shallow grass back in the coves.  Look for the holes in the grass.....but stay back off them and cast into them.  After you pull a fish out, move on to the next hole.  Cycle through them because once you hammer a fish or 2, that hole shuts down for a bit.

Trust me.......The fish are there still.......and they are still biting.

The two fish we saw were in the grass. We were in the cove on the right, just before you get to the dam, after launching from North Shore.

Thanks for the tip. If I can get back there, I'll definitely give it a try.

·
Registered
183 Posts
figure i'll just back up what you guys went through on saturday. was out at bastrop today and got skunked as well. absolutely no schooling going on today, big change from last week. we worked the coves and grass out to main lake points with no luck. we were done by 11.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.