Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a month long layoff we finally got a day to get on the water. I didn't really know what to expect being off the water this long but history kind of repeats itself. So we started with what worked for us last year.
We launched at 9:00am and had a slight breeze out of the west moving to 5mph out of the south.
air temp 80
water temp unknown but it was hot.
We didn't have to go far and there was a little schooling action just out of the North ramp. Small spoons burned through the schools and a bone colored Spook jr. worked for us. Seems like we spent more time waiting for them to come up then we did fishing for them. But when they did come up we made it count. Ended up with only 4 boated and a half dozen came off. They went down and we made a move to try a shallow bite. My wife caught one in camping loop cove and by then the sun was high and no breeze so it was hot. We got off the water around 1:00.
Ended up my wife with 3 and me 3. Kind of a tough morning but neither of us skunked. Not a lot of boat traffic either.Everyone was pretty spread out.Felt good to get back out and put a few fish in the boat. Nothing of size though. Biggest was an 18 incher and it was skinny.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Glad to hear you and your wife made it back out on the water, Shannon. My wife out-fished me last night by a score of 11 to 7, but I did manage to catch two overs. First time I've caught two 21"-plus bass on the same trip and I've fished that lake a lot in the past year. I figure the bigger of the two was 6 lb'er and the smaller 5.5lbs. The lake seems way different with the water level down like its been since late June.

-SSJr

·
Registered
389 Posts
I hit Bastrop on Sunday the 23rd and I noticed that the water level was up about a foot and a half, but still not back at the level before they lowered it.
Thanks for the reports Shannon and SSJr.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just made a career change so I should be on the water a lot more here shortly. I hope so anyway. LOL

·
Registered
389 Posts
Shannon or SSJr, Have either of you seen Bill (Just Plain) on the water at Bastrop? I haven't seen any of his reports yet this year. Want to make sure he is doing OK. Hopefully, it's just that his computer is down.
Thanks, Lupe

·
Registered
431 Posts
I was out on Bastrop last Saturday and thought the same thing. "Where's Just Plain Bill"? This is his favorite time of year! I hope everything is okay!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bill is doing great. I seen a couple weeks ago at the dealership before I left. He's taken up Golf again so that's using his fishing time up. I need to call him and scoop him up to hit the lake here soon.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Bill is doing great. I seen a couple weeks ago at the dealership before I left. He's taken up Golf again so that's using his fishing time up. I need to call him and scoop him up to hit the lake here soon.
At the dealership? You mean Bill has a job? I thought he was an incognito millionaire.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He is a school teacher. I was working there and he had his truck in for some repair work. I never knew he did the restaurant thing.LMAO.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Lol.
7 years ago I discovered fishing, which stole me from golfing 150 rounds a year. Last xmas I was watching tv...42 degrees outside...playing online chess...trying to figure out what to do with my 2 weeks off...fishing show...fishing show...golf show! Maybe I'll go to golfsmith and hit a bucket!
The game pulled me back in...
I usually check here to see how the schooling is doing, but I just cant get off the golf course, lol...shot 79 yesterday, and I'm trying to shoot par before I croak...
Shannon, what career change???

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Good to see a post just plain bill. Every time I've been down Bastrop way I've wondered why I wasn't seeing your reports.
Golf huh ?
No wonder throwing top waters for hours with limited bites didn't make you crazy...

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bill I left the dealership/commission life for a fleet job at LCRA. Alot less stress and better benefits.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts