Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hardly any topwater ( formerly known as schooling)action to speak of...only 3 strikes in mystery cove...went to dam and caught 3...went to THE point of regret and dang. I forgot. Dang it! Not much happening...caught 3? Back to dam. Managed a few lucky casts...sitting on 41 strikes with 13 caught...decided to give Point Regret 5min before leaving cuz I prefer even numbers...had two strikes, second one landed, so 43/14 for the day...really slow on top, unfortunately...partied with a coupla guys from the forum...always fantastic to meet folks from ABF! You know, I bet there were only ten boats on the entire lake on a Saturday!!! I remember when there'd be 20 boats in a circle around the schooling! Says a lot about something...the lake, maybe? Or people? Cost of owning a boat? Whatever it is, you can't catch em if you dont go! Will let Jeremy fill in the gaps from today...if he can still type after hauling em in all day! :)

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Thanks for the lead in Bill. I was happy to raft up and greet you. It was great to meet in you in person. Thanks for letting us pot-lickers follow you around.

On with the report. Morning was dismally slow. We fished some shoreline reeds, the adjacent eel grass and the inside edge of hydrilla. I caught a skinny fish with senko over the eel grass.

We saw Bill pull into a cove. We met up with Bill, who told us where he thought the fish were. Todd wanted to try the intake.

We headed to the intake and wasted an hour and a half. We were hauling water without a strike on topwater, crankbaits, TR, CR and WW.

We tried the main lake hump and fared a little better. I got a couple on my Arashi Spin-bait and Todd began catching with shallow diving Shadow Rap.

We saw Bill on a grass flat and we headed over. He told us he'd caught seven at this spot, and that sounded pretty "dam" good to me. Todd and I worked the hydrilla with Shadow Rap jerkbaits and salvaged a tough fishing day.
I'd be lying to say I wasn't plum wore out. Todd may have kept a more accurate fishcount, but it was close to twenty for the two of us.

I took this bass selfie with Bill's boat in front of us off the port bow. See y'all on the water.
IMG_20180825_124712829.jpg

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you dang potlickers! lol we gotta do it again asap! hope the Point of Torture and Agony produces tuesday when i go back out...hardly anything happening there, unfortunately...that spot between the dam towers is usually a good start at 830 or so, then where y'all were at later is where i picked up several yesterday...it was really hopping for a bit right there... you just cant give up when throwing topwaters. that much i've learned. also, i was thinking about the knowledge i've picked up throwing topwaters...what to look for on the surface...slight flickering stirrings...cloudy or clear...wind direction...proximity to dams, underwater greenery...and i realize i still dont have a dang thing figured out, lol just throw, throw, throw!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
you dang potlickers! lol we gotta do it again asap! hope the Point of Torture and Agony produces tuesday when i go back out...hardly anything happening there, unfortunately...that spot between the dam towers is usually a good start at 830 or so, then where y'all were at later is where i picked up several yesterday...it was really hopping for a bit right there... you just cant give up when throwing topwaters. that much i've learned. also, i was thinking about the knowledge i've picked up throwing topwaters...what to look for on the surface...slight flickering stirrings...cloudy or clear...wind direction...proximity to dams, underwater greenery...and i realize i still dont have a dang thing figured out, lol just throw, throw, throw!
Amen, brother!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts