Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the water with buddy. started about 7pm the bite was slow for the first hour but as the sun went down the bite really picked up. Most of the fish were caught on small H20 lipped cranks. I can't remember the model number, CLUN I think. As for the color they were custom painted so I can't really give you a straight answer on that either. Fishing the cranks in the 0-5 foot range seemed to be the ticket. Find a good weed line in shallow water and burn the bait just enough to keep it over the submerged grass. At this point we had about 30 fish in the boat, the biggest were 2 fish around 3.5 lbs.

As darkness fell the bite seemed to slow considerably. We were still picking up fish but primarily in the same area from earlier in the day, And we went all over the place. As luck would have it the Fluke bite started to pick up about midnight. I boated 4 solid fish with a fluke while my partner struggled with the crank bait. The best fish of the trip was caught on a fluke between the south shore ramp and the swimming area. 5.2 lbs 20 1/4 inches. Which was caught about 1 am. My partner kept begging for another bite so we hung around for another hour. Not a bad day at the trop. My buddy goes there a lot (2-3 times a week) and he said that it was a slow day compared to past weeks. All together we had a good time catching some bastrop slots. I need to go to bed! :D

· Registered
93 Posts
I was think of heading out in the morning with my uncle only fished the trop once before with little luck caught 5...but i was wondering if they are still schooling and if so what to throw at them...is the fishing in the morning good there...i have heard you need to target the flats in the middle of the lake early and then the fish head for the web beds.
thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.