Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled into the empty North Shore lot at 6am. Since no one was around, I rigged out the Pond Prowler on the ramp. I headed straight to the favorite shoreline as two boats launched and went to the Scout Camp. I went to the back of the cove and posted up on the outside edge.

Last week, I caught a three-and-a-half from the reeds on a senko. I considered transiting the submerged grass to get to the emergent reeds when I noticed a bass busting shad less than a cast length away. I cast Super Spook Jr and caught him. Then another and another. I caught six on Spook on a dozen blow-ups.

The bass sounded and I considered weighing anchor and working the walking bait down the edge. Instead, I cast out fluke jr to the same edge and it got slammed by a skinny fish. I stayed put and I was catching unders on the fluke jr. I caught seven before the bite dried up.

I moved halfway out of the cove and anchored where I’d done good last week with Texas rig. I caught two on BBH and one on senko. The bites weren’t coming quick enough, I moved to the main lake hydrilla.

I anchored on the outside edge and cast the fluke jr into the hydrilla. It was on like Donkey Kong. I can’t say for sure how many I caught on consecutive casts. I went through the whole bag of fluke juniors. Finally the bass sounded under the hydrilla. I caught a couple more on drop-shot but the frenzy had ended for me. I stuck around til after noon, trying Carolina rig and Texas rig but added nothing to the total. I wound up catching around thirty-five. Off at 1pm.
EDEF71C3-923F-4F39-9BF0-A0F72B904A09.jpeg

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I learn a lot from the yakkers but I’m not interested in fishing from a yak. I’m spoiled to the “bass buggy” Pond Prowler. I also like fishing from anchor, easily done from the Pond Prowler, moreso than a yak. Every fish I caught today was caught while I was anchored (with a ten pound mushroom.)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Come on Jeremy. You would be great in a yak. Great report and glad to see you finally got the fluke bite going. And if you rig your anchor trolley on your yak it is a snap to drop anchor and move yourself in any direction. I think maybe it is harder to take your shirt off on a yak? Hmmmm I may be on to something here Bill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts