Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blueskeeter called me up yesterday and asked if I would be interested in fishing Bastrop with him when he  got off from work. I said sure, let’s go. We boated some where around thirty plus slot fish with in four hours. It was a fun trip. We fished in three different areas and caught fish in all three. The bite was really on. As soon as we picked up on a pattern, we stayed with that pattern the rest of the day. But if you have a chance to get out there soon, then I would. Most of the fish we caught were between two to three pounds, and maybe two four pound fish. If they weren’t four pounds then they were real close to it. Any how, it was a great trip and we both had a great time.

· Registered
541 Posts
Had a great time fishy. Thanks for meeting me out there, couldn't have fished without you. Can't wait till I can drive my own boat again :'( Great day on the lake I will be back to Bastrop soon unless my truck gets a mind of its own again and keeps on going to La Grange ;D

· Registered
5,006 Posts
I passed you guys on the way back into the south shore cabins. It was crazy out there sat morning until after the tourney was over. There wasn't an inch of water that didn't get fished that day.

I caught a nice 5.02lb fish that was a 1/4" to short on sat, then sunday morning I caught a 21 1/4" fish that only weighed in at 4lbs. She was all spawned out, she looked funny with that big bucket mouth and a small body.

· Registered
541 Posts
I saw you come by right at dusk. The bite for us shut off about 8:15 or so, right at prime time?? Doug also caught one of the sickest looking fish I had ever seen, very sunken in, even its eyes were sunken in. would have been a 3lb fish healthy, couldn't have weighed but maybe a pound or so in its condition. Next time you see us out there come by and say hi, always wondering which abf'ers I pass by on the lake. Would like to start meeting you guys out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.