Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Bastrop from about 7:00 am till 2:30. Started out in the discharge and caught 25 in about an hour and a half on white ice flukes. Decided to go try to find some other fish when I hit 25 in the discharge so off I go. Ran over by the intake side and only caught 1 on a swimbait, man was it ever windy. Next over to the south side of the lake for 4 more fish on TR rattlesnakes up close to the cattails. Then headed west of North Shore and caught 4 more on swimbait around grass and 2 more in the cattails on TR rattlesnakes. Then headed to a main lake point and rounded off the day with 3 more ( 1 on TR rattlesnake and the other 2 on white ice fluke). Think I ended up the day with 38 fish with a couple of short strikes on the swimbait and maybe 25 misses in the discharge in the morning. Oh and a special thanks to the guy at the boat ramp who helped me get the treble hook out of my finger ( almost cut my day of fishing short ).

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
x2 Juke.  Good grief.  Calling somebody "liar" for posting a perfectly plausible decent day on Bastrop.  Not many people takes pics of 2-3 lb bass when you're catching bunches.  How would you feel if he posted a few pics of such bass?  Would he have to post all 38 to satisfy your distrust?  Mercy.

Nice report txlunkerhunter. Sorry that someone has to do this to an otherwise good thread. Would be nice if you could post some pics to insert somewhere sideways abruptly. :-X

·
Registered
431 Posts
292A3838233E253F2E397A794B0 said:
Caught 25 huh? But not one picture. Sounds a little fishy to me. No pun intended. Right guys? :) :) ;) ;)

Nobody likes a liar

Phil
He doesn't need to lie. Catching dozens of fish at the discharge is quite common. The 1st time we went to Bastrop, my Wife and I probably caught 50. There was a couple fishing in a boat close to use that was doing the same. The man in that boat caught 100 easily.

·
Registered
769 Posts
After reading Jukebox's comment I went back and read basshunter12's posts. I came across post by EthicalFisher and read all of those.

I came to an interesting conclusion after doing so. I think the Admin might have caught on but I'm not sure yet.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Lunker sounds great those days are too few. did you use the string trick to get hthe hook out ?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes..... One guy at the ramp asked if it was buried past the barb and thought you had to push it straight on through. I said no, there is another way and a lot less painful... actually it didn't hurt at all, but probably numb from going in.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
That my experance too hurt like hell going in a buddy pop it right out. It was in up to the bend in the hook it poped right out. Mike

·
Registered
23 Posts
Went to use that trick on a buddy of mine this past winter. He had a white get away from him and bury the barb on a MegaBass crankbait. Much to our surprise they use hooks with the barb on the outside of the hook, so he got to push it on through and cut it off. I guess that's what you get for spending $25.00 on a crankbait!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.