Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 7 'til 11 with my buddy, Greg.
Water - Very stained
Temps - 84 in the Discharge - 76 in other parts of the lake.
Weather - WINDY!  :eek:

We boated 20 or so LMB while beating the banks this morning.  Majority of fish caught on C-rigged Watermelon Red Rattlesnake, W-rigged Purple Scoundrel Worm, and W-rigged Watermelon Blk Senko.  

Witnessed some mad schooling action in the discharge early.  We picked off a few and decided to try other areas.  Most fish caught off the eel grass edges.  This 21"er came out of one of the many creeks feeding the lake.

Beautiful day to be on the water.  We understood a CAST event was going on.  Lots of boats and kiddos on the water.  Looked like everyone was having a good time.

Saw a Police boat patrolling the lake while we were out there.  Didn't see him stop anyone.  Maybe it'll lessen the shenanigan's on the water I've been hearing about lately.

Wurm

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
I also fished bastrop today, ended up with 7 nice slot fish, most caught in windy point.

I had one boat with a few kids come right in on me at windy point, was wondering what the heck he was doing, but he was trying to get the kids on the fish so I didn't say to much. They did end up boating a couple in front of us. He didn't have an anchor so he kept gettting blown off, and thats why I didn't say much, I know he wasn't going to be there long.  :D

What boat were you fishing out of WW? I was in a red BassTracker 185 with my dad and brother.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We were in a Wht/Blu Skeeter 186SX, 150 VMax. We were all over the lake. I'm sure we saw y'all out there.

I saw several large fish cruising the shallows today. Some were Carp, but most were LMB in the 5+lb range.

Y'all see any?

Wurm

·
Registered
870 Posts
WackyWorm said:
Fished from 7 'til 11 with my buddy, Greg.
Water - Very stained
Temps - 84 in the Discharge - 76 in other parts of the lake.
Weather - WINDY!  :eek:

We boated 20 or so LMB while beating the banks this morning.  Majority of fish caught on C-rigged Watermelon Red Rattlesnake, W-rigged Purple Scoundrel Worm, and W-rigged Watermelon Blk Senko.  

Witnessed some mad schooling action in the discharge early.  We picked off a few and decided to try other areas.  Most fish caught off the eel grass edges.  This 21"er came out of one of the many creeks feeding the lake.

Beautiful day to be on the water.  We understood a CAST event was going on.  Lots of boats and kiddos on the water.  Looked like everyone was having a good time.

Saw a Police boat patrolling the lake while we were out there.  Didn't see him stop anyone.  Maybe it'll lessen the shenanigan's on the water I've been hearing about lately.

Wurm
Nice fish!!!

Looks and sounds like you had a great day.

Kiddos had a school function at The veloway, so while I was not fishing, I was at least outside enjoying the day.

·
Registered
538 Posts
bassfantastic said:
Lance.
. Cant wait for the next HHJ.

Jim ;D
is this on bastrop i would like in on this ;D

·
Registered
7 Posts
my co worker and i fished the pulte homes tourney there on friday. alot a boats for that little lake and it was odd fishing for 13 3/4 " fish and then for the kicker. We took 1st place and big bass. The wind was blowin like hell. kicker was a 6.03 and 23 1/2 inches. all fish caught on tx rig and shakey head. good times! ;D

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was in the middle of the wind fest and could not believe the amount of boats. I didn't fair as well as the others but landed a 3 lb/ 19" while drifting the deeper water with C-Rig. I saw two fish in the easily 5+ but was on top of them before I knew it. Had one large spit the spinner at the boat, and was very disappointed. Is this lake always windy? I am 0 for 2 with wind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.