Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
Made my first trip to Bastrop today. Went with doney.
Fished from 6:30AM til 12:30 PM. Started at the hot water Inlet. What a Rush. I have never seen Largemouth Bass school and bust shad like that. We boated 10 in hour and a half. They were short striking. Missed 3 times as many as we hooked. Could be the fisherman. But there was 2 other boats in there and they were having the same problem. One of the boats was there the day before and sd there was alot heavier action the day before. Fished the boyscout camp arm with no luck whatsoever. Sure did look fishy though. We floated infront of the dam and caught 2 there. I got my big fish of the day a 15" bass there. Fished south caught 3 more fish with Doney getting his biggest of the day which was a 16" fish. They werent overly Large but we managed to boat 15 fish 12" - 16". But overall it was a lot of fun and looking forward to going again.
Jim

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
SWAMP DONKIEEEEEEE....

Nice report.

Call George at Geneva tackle tell him send to you the ABF Swamp Donkieeeee kit, and you will get a nice discount.

No better frog, no better yell on the lake!

EA

·
Registered
469 Posts
Sounds like a fun day Jim. You are officially not a Texas bass catching virgin anymore :p I hope to hit up the tank on Sunday afternoon again so maybe I'll see you there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.