Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day on Bastrop today. Fished from 6:30 until 12. I caught 26 fish and my partner caught 10. Started in the discharge and caught 11 in an hour. It was a ZOO in there. When I got there at 6:30am, there were already 4 boats in there, so I was going to idle in to be polite to the other boaters. As I was idling in a guy came in running about 45 past me. ??? Oh well, by 7 there were 9 boats battling for a few scattered fish and I went to the other side of the lake. We caught all of our fish on drop shots, SB and Flukes.  I caught a few in the 4.5 range, my partner caught one that was 21.5". I broke off 3 fish on my Fluke, as I normally use 10# Fluoro. One and possibly two of them were bigger than my partners fish. Great day, and the weather was perfect. I have some pictures, but will need to get a cable to attach to my computer.

Oh and by the way, there were LOTS of bedded fish, but Laurel and Hardy could not get a bait in the bed without spooking Moma. It is a bit tough because of all the floating grass in the backs of coves that hinder your bait or line from dropping on the bed.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Sounds like you had a great day. Thanks for the report and tips. Going out there tomorrow and I am really looking forward to my first trip to Bastrop or the
TROP as it seems to be affectionately reffered to.
Thanks again Jim

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The discharge was VERY crowded. The fish were only active in a small area and I stayed behind that. Many times there were 4 boats less than 15 ft apart. While I love to go to Bastrop, and the discharge is a great place to bring someone that is not a seasoned fisherman, I prefer to be able to spend more time fishing and less time dodging boats and lures. Bastrop has MANY good areas that hold fish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.