Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I were on the water before sun up.

Hit our usual morning shoreline and started the day in a grand fashion.

Buddy got a couple of 4's and I got a 6 . 8 others from 12" to 18" before 7am. All on spinnerbait (me) or buzz(him).

My 6 (22.5") (ok, ok....5-15 ;D)

Hit our second morning shoreline and 2nd cast with a buzz, my bud missed a nice fish. He didn't think the fish really felt his bait. I threw my spinnerbait in the same area as his miss. I missed it. I didn't think it really felt me lure either, so I threw again. About 6 feet from the boat, a beauty came up from the grass and tried again. And she seemed to move in slow motion. She just rolled on it. Probably, one of the bigger bass we've seen on Bastrop. Maybe a double digit. Anyway, before I could get my lure back to the boat after that strike, I got nailed again.(Tip: always retrieve all the water back to the boat :eek:)

This was a 4-12 (21"). (the fish we missed was double this size, easily)

Never could get another bite in that area after switchng to soft.

We ended the day with 24 total with a couple more 18"-20".

Lots of dirty dancing all around the lake. 8)

· Registered
469 Posts
That sounds like an amazing day on the lake. Good for you. Bet you won't be able to sleep tonight without thining of the superchunk you missed...but then again, that is why you'll probably be back out there sooner than later in the same spot at the same time to try and get her :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.