Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out about noon today for a few hours. Only caught 6 in the first 2 hours. Lake was WAY crowded for a weekday and I am not one to crowd someone else so most of my spots I did not fish. It was also IDIOT day on the water. I finally find a stretch of unoccupied water on the SW side of the dam. I wanted to pitch the reeds, but stopped the boat about 150 yds short and was moving pretty quick down that stretch with a fluke. A guy in a Charger boat pulls up about 35 yards ahead of me on the dam and drops the TM and starts fishing. Just chalked it up to stupidity and not being inconsiderate, so just moved on. Decided to go up the river as I was about to go in and caught another 4 on a finesse worm in the trees. Should have stayed up the river all day instead of fighting the crowds(and the idiot) Water temps were 61-69.

· Registered
874 Posts
Something tells me it is gona be crowded tomorrow to.

Might hold off and start using some vacation days to go fishing mid week.

I don't know. Have finally gotten over waterfowl fever and have a bad case of need-2-wet-a-line.

· Registered
4 Posts
I was out there yesterday between 8am and 2pm, and there were about 20-28 trailers already in the South Shore boat launch when I got there. The lady at the entrance said the lake was crowded as there were a lot of fishermen pre-fishing a tournement for Saturday (why anyone would need to pre-fish a 900 acre lake teeming with bass that was closed for nearly the week before with no fishing pressure is beyond me). Myself being in a jon boat I was thinking, "Great, a nice day of dodging speed boats." Surprisingly, I didn't see too much of that. But there were a lot of guys trolling/mapping aimlessly around the lake. I guess they didn't know they could get a map from the LCRA website to find the lake contours. I only managed 7 bass for the day, missing 3 in the process. A lot of the places I wanted to fish near the discharge and some main lake points were packed and I didn't want to squeeze into an area that someone was already fishing. I did manage 5 fish near the North Shore boat ramp, in the reeds to the left of the ramp (if you're facing the ramp) and near the point, four on plastics and one on a spinnerbait. Wish I could have caught more, but it's better than nothing.

· Registered
118 Posts
Fish were shallow today on inside grass lines. Trouble is thought that water level is about 1.5 feet low and it's hard to find many inside grass lines. I caught 10-12 up to 4 pounds today from my kayak. Most from slow rolling a big chartruese double willow leaf spinner.

· Registered
639 Posts
4B71566A63764340637171020 said:
[quote author=393F3F313D6B580 link=1298070572/0#6 date=1298265575]Has anybody noticed any spawning activity out there with this full moon?  I am thinking about making a trip out there sometime this week.
I saw quite a few beds with fish on them. I was not really looking for bedding fish, but it is definitely on.[/quote]

Did you flip at any of them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.