Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a quick trip to Bastrop. I was surprised to see so many boats for a Sunday. Didn't even bother going to the discharge. Thought current would probably not be flowing since weather was a little warm, also figured there would be an armadda of boats after the schoolies. Here are our details:

Water Temp 68F at North Shore
Skies = Cloudy w/ slight mist
Air Temp = 50F - 65F by Noon
Wind = Calm building to 5-10mph from NNE then shifting back from SSE around Noon.
Moon = Waxing Crescent

Found fish in 4-6' water holding tight to cover and on inside grass lines. After 10am picked up fish on outside grass lines in 6-10'. This pattern held up for the entire lake. We boated 17 fish over the course of the morning. Best going 19". We left a little after noon when every spot for miles had a boat or 2 on it.

PS. Do buzzards have any natural predators?

· Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Thanks for the Report Shadillac.

Sorry to hear Bastrop is so crowded. I think once LA fills up again, that should relive some pressure;D

EA

Shadillac said:
PS.  Do buzzards have any natural predators?  
Yes, my 12 gauge ;D

· Registered
904 Posts
Well, you did a little better than I did. I had fish hitting a white crank bait and also a white 6" worm. Water was a little better at the intake than the discharge.  We were checked by the game warden (nice guy)  All and all I hope everyone did better thatn me.
Debbie

· Registered
541 Posts
I saw a guy throwing 8-10" bass in his livewell last time we were out. Bastrops been getting busier and busier over the last month or so I think all the reports along with the drawdown have it flooded with fishermen. Time for travis you can always find peace and quiet out there.

· Registered
2,403 Posts
Hear ya about the wardens/training.
I have no problems whatsoever being asked if I'm legal.

Our record for being approached is 6 in one day.
Training warden new hires a few years back.

Funny thing though, by 11am, we were about the only boat left on the lake. ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.