Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great day to fish. Put in at 11:30am and fished until the front came through about 4:45pm. Water temp was between 62 and 67 everywhere we fished. Caught a total of 12 LMB, all on plastics and in the reed lines. Caught on green pumpkin shakey head finess, green pumpkin wacky rigged rattlesnakes and on watermelon red flukes. Biggest was 3.5 lbs and smallest was about 15". The bite got really good about 15 minutes before the front hit, catching three over 17" during that time and in addition caught a 5lb cat. All in all it was a beautiful day on the lake. Sorry no photos, forgot the camera.

· Registered
32 Posts
We hit Bastrop on Tuesday and had similar success. Reed line and we picked up a couple on some deeper points. You have to hit the reeds real tight when you cast or your luck drops. My son is down from Wisconsin and he kicked my butt. He boated ~10 using a carolina rigged motor oil weightless TUBE with a weedless hook!!! I caught a couple on a blue jig with craw trailer. I thought I would show him how to fish. Ha, ha! Sometimes something completely different is what they want to see I guess. No pic's either. Nothing more than 2lbs. We did break off two other fish that we did get to see on their first jump. They of course were bigger. Thinking of going to LA tomorrow, but it is supposed to be real windy.

Thanks for the report!

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Thanks for the report. Sounds like a good time!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.